Our Komodo day trips normally start with a meeting at our dive center in the heart of Labuan Bajo at 6:50am, departing at 7:15am and ending at 5 pm. We have 2 boats for our Komodo day trips, 1 wooden boat and 1 speed boat. Our custom built wooden boat “Lumba Lumba” is a brand new spacious boat with an overall length of 27 meters that can accommodate 12 divers comfortably, making it one of the biggest scuba diving day trip boat that you can find around the island!
A typical Komodo day trip starts with a nice breakfast, followed by 2 dives, a proper lunch that you can choose from our selection of menu aboard the Lumba Lumba (so you don’t get bored eating the same thing every day if you do dive with us for several days!) and 1 more dive or a trek to see the Komodo dragons if you choose our Rinca day trip. If you have a group of divers of 4 or less, you can also opt for the speedboat, which will allow you to have more flexibility to visit small islands and have a nice lunch on the beach.
Our boat features an open dining with a 270-degree sea-view and 2 separate outdoor lounges!
Want to dive and see the famous Komodo dragons on the same day? Every 3-4 days we arrange a day trip with 2 dives and a visit to Rinca Island to see the famous Komodo dragons, at the same price of a normal day trip. Our trips to other areas include 2-3 dives, depending on the package you choose. Check the full packages and pricing here.
When we’re not doing the Komodo dragon trek, we will go to 3 different dive sites, including famous ones like Batu Bolong, Manta Point, Castle Rock & Crystal Rock, as well as other interesting dive sites that are less known. In any case, you will not run out of options as there are so many great dive sites around the Komodo Island for all tastes and skills. Learn more about scuba diving in Komodo Island here.
Need a place to stay? We offer a FREE basic accommodation above our Labuan Bajo dive center for backpackers who do fun diving with us. If you’d like to do some more intense diving and explore all the best dive sites of Komodo, check out our liveaboard, the Soka Raja. It might be the best option for you!
Our Komodo Day Trips Include:
- 2 or 3 dives, depending on the package you choose
- Full dive gear & equipment, including a BCD with an emergency buoyancy maker
- Professional multilingual dive guide-instructor (max. 4 divers/guide)
- Hearty breakfast & great lunch, freshly cooked on the boat (let us know if you have special dietary requests)
- A super Meal directly cook fresh on the boat. (Let us know if you have any allergic or special food dietary)
- Snacks, water, hot tea & coffee all day
- Dragon trekking & ranger fees (on Rinca Island day trips)
- Safety and Fun
- Dragon trekking fees & ranger ( day trip only)
Our Komodo Day Trips Do Not Include:
- Komodo National Park fees, as shown here
- Soft drinks and beers